COVID-19 guidance for participants and parents
Please make sure to fully read this guidance before attending your classes. By attending classes you agree to adhere to the below guidance. Failure to do so may result in suspension of your attendance.
General Information and Considerations
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an ongoing Worldwide pandemic caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). This virus appears to be highly infectious and at present, we do not have an effective treatment for it. Most people (80%) who are infected have mild symptoms and some do not have any symptoms at all. Because this is a new virus, there is much we do not know about it. Like other viral infections, we know that many individuals who are infected, are infectious for up to 2 days (48hrs) before they have symptoms. This means it is easy to spread this virus before you are aware you have it.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
In the UK, the National Health Service (NHS) describe common symptoms of COVID-19 to include:
- High temperature over 37.8˚C
- new and persistent cough,
- loss of taste or sense of smell.
In addition, other symptoms can include:
- runny nose
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
Though these are common symptoms of other illnesses, they may be signs an individual has been infected by COVID-19, and it is vital that you do not infect teammates, colleagues, your friends and family, or the general public.
General procedures to ensure safety
- Wash your hands – regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with soap (for minimum of 20 seconds) and an alcohol-based (minimum 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol) hand rub. Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain social distancing rules – maintain at least 2 metre distance and where not possible, at least 1 metre plus between yourself and others.
- Avoid touching hands to face, mouth or nose – Hands touch many surfaces and surface to hand transfer can spread the virus. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Catch it, bin it, kill it – Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Before entering the gym
- Ensure that you are not showing positive COVID-19 symptoms. If you are, do not attend class and please follow the government guidelines for self-isolation and testing. Inform us via email immediately so that we can instigate any track and trace protocols if necessary.
- Please ensure you are attending the correct class and you are booked into the session. We will not be allowing anyone attending classes or sessions that they are not assigned to.
- Please only bring minimum items with you. Changing facilities etc. will not be provided. You may bring a change of shoes into the gym and small personal items such as your phone/water bottle. No food! Water and drinks bottles must have your name written on to avoid accidental cross contamination. Any items left in the gym may be disposed of.
- Please do not arrive excessively early. You will not be allowed to enter the gym until your session start time. Please plan your travel appropriately.
- Wherever possible, do not carpool to the gym.
When arriving at the gym
- When arriving at the gym, please wait outside The Prioject Climbing Centre until just before your session is due to begin. Please observe social distancing using the markers on the floor. A few minutes before your session is due to begin, please make your way up to The Parkour Project. Please observe social distancing using the markers on the floor. If you are over 11, you will need to wear a face-covering whilst walking through the communal areas of The Project Climbing Centre as per their policies and procedures.
- We have allowed 15 minutes between the end of the previous session and the start of the next session. Please make sure you stand well clear of the entrance by observing the floor markers in case anyone needs to leave.
- At your session start time, a member of staff will open the entrance door and call you in. Please do so slowly and calmly whilst maintaining social distancing by observing floor markers. If you are in a queue, only proceed once the area in front of you is clear and safe to do so.
- Once entering please immediately make use of the hand sanitising station to your left. Proceed to sign in with the coach at the top of the stairs where your temperature will be checked.
- After you have signed in and had your temperature checked, please proceed to quickly place your belongings into the cubby holes and make your way onto the sprung floor. Please observe the 2 metre rule whilst waiting for the warm up to begin. Remain there until instructed by your coach.
- Your personal belongings must not leave your holding area at any point, this includes drinks bottles.
- Please observe social distancing at all times.
- The most important thing to remember when in class is to maintain social distancing AT ALL TIMES. For the most part, areas will be designated for you to maintain distance, but when this is not available you must use your common sense and keep your distance.
- You must listen to and follow the instructions of your coach at all times. Any misbehaviour will be met with a zero tolerance policy and participants may be asked to sit out or leave the gym.
- If you need to use the toilet, ask permission from your coach first. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards before returning to class.
- Multiple hand sanitising stations are spread throughout the gym areas. It is recommended that you sanitise your hands regularly and in particular before and after using equipment. Your coach may prompt you to do this a number of times during a class.
- COVID-19 spreads through particles in the air. NO excessive shouting/screaming during sessions will be allowed. Persistent shouting or screaming may result in the participant being asked to sit out or leave.
- Parents/carers unfortunately will NOT be allowed into the gym and/or viewing areas.
- Spotting of participants will not be allowed. Please do not ask your coach to spot you for a skill. Your coach will ensure you are not attempting skills beyond your ability, but you must also be responsible in not going beyond your current skill level when training.
- If training is being carried out in stations using equipment, participants will be expected to be patient whilst the equipment is cleaned in between rotations if necessary.
- Face masks for participants during sessions are not mandatory as they may cause difficulty whilst exercising.
Leaving the gym
- Parents/guardians must wait outside The Parkour Project for collection. Please observe social distancing. Please remember to wear a face-covering whilst walking through The Project Climbing Centre unless you are under 11 years old.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SESSIONS WILL FINISH 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE STATED END TIME ON TEAMUP. This is so we reduce unnecessary crossover between groups and allows time for cleaning between classes.
- Once the session has finished, you will be instructed by the coach to calmly exit the training area and one by one collect your belongings from the holding area. Once you are ready to leave, calmly leave the gym whilst maintaining social distancing.
- As per our Drop-off and Collection Policy, only leave the gym once your parent/carer has arrived.
- Before exiting the gym, be sure to sanitise your hands.
- Please do not loiter outside The Parkour Project or inside The Project Climbing Centre as there may be another group attending afterwards. Promptly vacate the premises.
If you have any questions about the above guidance or wish to report symptoms, please email us at email@example.com
Page updated 13/05/2021.